Friday, November 17, 2006

SF Bay Area Blog Start?

On my flight back to San Jose from Boston, I sat next to a really cool girl named Megan Trask, who happens to be a travel blogger for the Boston Globe.

http://www.explorenewengland.com/travel/explorene/massachusetts/blog/

We talked at lengths about her involvement with the Globe, and I learned that she had always been an avid weekend warrior, and the "go-to" person for friends who wanted to know the ins and outs of things to do in Boston. She spoke about her love for exploring different restaurants, bars, concerts, and all sorts of activities. When an opening at the BG came up, she responded and was offered what she now describes as one of the best jobs ever. Of course, when you're getting paid to do what you love and share that passion with others, it's gotta be a winning deal!

So what's the point of all of this? Well, it's gotten me thinking of starting a travel blog about the Bay Area. I looked at the resources on SFGate (SF Chronicle) and SJ Merc, and didn't really see anything terribly similar to the BG blog site. Also, I know lots of folks that know the Bay Area cold... maybe this isn't such a bad idea! I'll noodle on this some more, and see what I can come up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home